General Admission Policies & Guidelines
- The school follows an Open Admission Policy. There shall be no discrimination for admission, such as on the basis of race and culture or creed provided that the student meets the requirements of the school.
- It is the school’s prerogative to accept or reject any application where students appear to have specialized instructional needs and equipment such as those with complex learning handicaps, language or communications disabilities, visual, auditory, and mobility impairments, and serious behavioral disorders and/or emotional difficulties that cannot be met by our current programs.
- Students who wish to apply for admission should submit their credentials and pay the admission processing fee.
- The age requirement for Early Childhood applicants are as follows:
Note: The age requirement will be strictly followed.
- Nursery 2 years old (6 months) to 3 years old (5 months) by June
- Pre-Kinder 3 years old (6 months) to 4 years old (5 months) by June
- Kinder 4 years old (6 months) to 5 years old (5 months) by June
- Grade 1 5 years old (6 months) to 6 years old (5 months) by June
- The maximum class size for the different levels are as follows:
- Nursery 10 students
- Pre-Kinder 25 students
- Kinder 30 students
- Grade 1 to Grade 12 35 students
- Registration Rules: (a) when a student registers in a school, it is understood that he is enrolling for the entire school year (Sec. 119 (a) 2010 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools) If for any reason, a student will withdraw from school within the school year, a letter from the student shall be submitted to the Principal’s Office for proper action. (b) A pupil or student is deemed officially enrolled after he has submitted his appropriate admission or transfer credentials, has made an initial payment of his school fees which has been accepted by the school, and has been authorized to attend classes in the school (Sec. 119 (e) 2010 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools) , (c) Enrollment also means that the student and his/her parents/guardians agree to comply with the standards, programs, rules and regulations and all other requirements set by the school.
- The school reserves the right to assign foreign students to their appropriate learning level with regard to their Chinese/Filipino/English classes.
- Re-admission: All returning students who transferred to another institution and wishes to reapply will be treated as new applicants, subject to the same evaluation by the school provided they were not dismissed or were under disciplinary probation during their stay in MHCS.
- Submit the listed documents fastened in a plain long folder. Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed for admission.
- Local Students
- Fully filled out Application Form with two (2) copies of recent passport-size picture See here for download application form
- Clear photocopy of National Statistics Office Birth Certificate
- Clear photocopy of English and Chinese report cards (Form 138) for students transferring from another school. Original copies should be presented for verification.
- For Kinder – current school year only
- For Grade 1 to High School – current & previous school year
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from previous school
- Fully filled out Recommendation Form (for elementary & high school applicants). See here for download application form
- Admission processing fee to be paid in cash
- Foreign Students
- Secure a copy of the Application Form from the Registrar’s Office or download the Application Form from the school’s website.
- Submit the application documents to the Registrar’s Office. This may be done by the parent or guardian. Personal appearance of the student is not required in filing the application.
- Present the Test Permit to be issued by the Registrar’s Office and pay the application fee at the Business Office.
- Present the Official Receipt to the Registrar’s Office along with the Test Permit counter-signed by the Business Office for scheduling of entrance test.
- Take the entrance test to be administered by the Guidance Office on the schedule (date and time) indicated in the Test Permit.
- Wait for the interview with the academic head concerned when deemed necessary. (Note: This is usually done on the same day as the entrance test).
- Qualified applicants will be informed thru phone, text message and/or email. Get the Notice of Acceptance from the Registrar’s Office and pay the reservation fee at the Business Office.
Application and Reservation Fees
- Application fee is in the amount of seven hundred fifty pesos (750.00), which includes the processing of the application form, admission test and other information materials.
- Reservation fee (RF) is in the amount of fifteen thousand pesos (15,000.00) for those who have been accepted as new student for the following school year. The reservation fee will be deducted from the total tuition fee upon enrollment.
- The application and reservation fees are both non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Reservation fees are to be paid by any regular or newly accepted student. The purpose of paying the RF is for student population regulation with regard to facilities and resources. These fees are to be paid by students who intend to stay for the upcoming school year.
- RF shall be deducted from the actual tuition fee on the applicable year. Failure to pay the RF within the period prescribed creates a presumption that the child/children will not enroll the following school year. Thus, they are presumed to have forfeited their “slot” in the students’ roll.
Entrance Test Guidelines
- The Makati Hope Christian School Entrance Test (MHCSET) consists of a standardized test like MAT, OLSAT & CFIT for academic subjects and Curriculum-Based Test (CBT) in English & Chinese. The examination usually lasts from one hour to one and a half hours depending on the level.
- Evaluation and acceptance of student applicants shall be based on the following:
- Previous academic performance
- English and Chinese proficiency
- Admission examination result
- Interview results by both English and Chinese Academic Heads.
- Number of available slots
- Entrance test result must be at least Average in the standardized test and at least 65% in the curriculum-based test
Scheduling of Entrance Test
- The schedule (date and time) will be indicated in the Test Permit by the Registrar upon presenting the receipt of payment from the Business Office.
- The entrance test schedule will depend on the earliest testing date available upon presentation of receipt.
- The entrance test is scheduled Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. In case the applicant is late or failed to show up on the designated schedule, the registrar will reschedule the admission test upon her discretion.
- The Guidance Counselor may recommend classroom immersion for a preschool applicant or a re-test as necessary.
Entrance Test Procedure
- Take the entrance test on the schedule (date and time) indicated in the Test Permit.
- Present the Test Permit to the Guidance Counselor who will administer the test. The Guidance Counselor and the Chinese Curriculum representative will administer the exams.
- Entrance test result may be accessed through phone/fax/email or text message after one (1) week for those recommended for acceptance, and two (2) weeks for those who are wait-listed or with pending decision.
Reservation Policy and Procedure for New Students
- Applicants who qualify for admission will be advised through a NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE from the Registrar’s Office and are eligible to make reservation for the upcoming school year.
- The qualified applicant will be given two (2) weeks after receiving the NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE to decide whether to make a reservation with the school or not.
- Upon deciding to enroll with the school, the accepted applicant must pay the reservation fee at the Business Office.
- Reservation fees are non-refundable and non transferable but deductible from the tuition fee.
- Applicants who fail to pay the reservation fee within the allotted time will automatically be wait-listed and the slot will be given to other qualified applicants.
- A new student who has been accepted and has paid the reservation fee is deemed officially enrolled.
- If the student wishes to withdraw his / her application,
- The parent or guardian must submit a letter for cancellation of registration.
- The student must secure an official clearance from the Registrar’s Office.
- All submitted documents shall become the property of the Registrar’s Office and are not to be returned to the applicant. Application and reservation fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
- No Chinese Language Background. The school accepts students without Chinese language background provided they take special summer class in Chinese. They will join the Special Chinese Class in the first school year wherein their progress in Chinese will be evaluated.
- No English Language Background. The school accepts students without English language background provided they take an intensive language course at the MHCS Language Center for a fee. The Language Center will determine their level in English as well as how long they will be in the special language tutorial based on proficiency test results.
- No Filipino Language Background. The school accepts students without Filipino language background provided they take special summer class in Filipino. They will join the Special Filipino Class and will be evaluated at the end of the school year.
- Alumni Children. The application fee for children of MHCS alumni whose children are applying for admission will be waived. However, they will have to pay the reservation fee upon acceptance of their child/children to the school.
- Late Applicants. The deadline for acceptance of late applicants is July 31 of the present school year. Late applicants must also go through the process of admission.
- Foreign Student Name. The Registrar Office will recognize the name indicated in the passport or I-Card of the applicant as the official name of the student.
- School Bus. The school has provision for in-house school bus service for our students’ transportation needs.
- Tutorials. The school has provision for in-house tutorials services for students who need academic assistance in English and/or Chinese.